Happy Easter weekend my peeeeeps 😉 ! In the spirit of the holiday I'm sharing an incredibly easy and yummy treat I made for Easter. Check it out below!
What You'll Need:
- 1 package of vanilla candy coating
- 3/4 cup Easter M&M's
- 8-10 Spring Oreos - crushed (I used 10 but probably could have gone w/ 8)
- Spring/Easter sprinkles (Note: I bought two little containers but you only need one!)
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper (Note: I used aluminum foil and greased it down w/ non stick baking spray!)
- Melt package of candy coating in a small pot on low heat - stirring constantly until all melted. NOTE: MAKE SURE THIS IS LOW HEAT AND YOU ARE CONSTANTLY STIRRING!! Burns really easily!! Recommend breaking down into little pieces (see pictures) so easier to melt.
- Pour over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle on crushed Oreo's, M&M's, and sprinkles
- Place in fridge for half hour/hour
- Break into pieces
Hope everyone has a great weekend celebrating (or not!) with friends and family 😊
Wednesday, we meet again. Check out the items I'm loving this week below! This past weekend I visited my family in Kansas City (post to come soon) and had a laptop mishap (post to come soon) so I didn't have much time for a post since last weeks WIW post but I made sure to keep filling my Nordstrom cart with items to share for this week ;)
2. Herbivore Botanicals - Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist. This is my newest obsession and an absolute necessity to keep with you at all times! Made from plant actives and a coconut water base, this mist is hydrating, high in antioxidants, provides a natural glow, and so many other advantages. Most girls, me included, wears make up for long periods of time (at work, school, etc) which covers your face and pores and this is a great hydrating mist to use throughout the day. I can't rave about this product enough!
3. ASOS - One Shoulder Ruffle Sundress. This might be my favorite dress I've posted yet. I'm sure you've caught onto my obsession of ruffles and off the shoulder/one shoulder and this dress is no exception. This sundress is amazinnnnnng. Also obsessed with THIS and THIS midi dress!
4. BP. Tonal Stripe Foldover Clutch. STEAL! How cute is this clutch? Easy statement piece to a casual or dressed up outfit. This comes in a variety colors and only $25!
5. 4SI3NNA - Ruffle Off the Shoulder Blouse. I'm keeping the off the shoulder shirts coming for as long as I possibly can. The off the shoulder with the ruffle details adds a flirty look to the shirt. Perfect for date night or a night out paired with white jeans and some wedges.
6. Leith - Tie Waist Satin Pants. Another style I'm hoping to see tons of this Spring are paper bag waist pants. These would be so cute with the Sam Edelman heels linked in #11 and a simple tee or tank puts together an effortless yet trendy look.
7. NIC + ZOE Sundown Moto Jacket. It's no secret that dressing for Chicago weather unpredictable. It can be snowing one day and 60 degrees and sunny the next. You always need to be prepared with some layers and not let one day of sunshine fool you. This is such a pretty color for a lightweight jacket and perfect for the Spring season!
8. Kendra Scott - Elle Earrings. SALE!! I always get so many compliments on my Kendra Scott jewelry. They really do add the perfect touch to any outfit and go with any outfit: work, play, or casual. Get these now while they're on sale! The white stone is perfect for Spring and Summer.
9. Treasure & Bond - Open Cuff. How cute is this cuff?? And it's under $30! I can't pick my favorite color, which seems to be a reoccurring problem I have. Such a simple but pretty piece to add to an outfit.
10. ASOS - Gingham Ruffle Tee. Who woulda thought thought gingham would make a comeback from the 1940's? Not I, but I'm glad it did. This gingham top would look so perfect paired with white jeans and the ruffle on top of that is just an added bonus. Here's another gingham top (off the shoulder) that's so cute as well.
11. Sam Edelman - Yardley heels. SALE - These are 50% off!! All 3 colors are so pretty and I know I'd be wearing these all Spring and Summer long. Loving the lace up and open toe sandal feel.
12. Sonix - Ombre Tangerine iPhone Case. If I haven't made it clear yet, I'm an iPhone case fanatic. I absolutely LOVE this case!! Unfortunately for me, the iPhone 7 Plus case is sold out but linking this anyways for you since I'm obsessed and it's under $20!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy hump day friends! Putting a little bit of an Easter twist on this weeks WANT IT WEDNESDAY post. With Easter right around the corner, I've rounded up a few items to give you some outfit inspo (and some sales, dupes, and steals) with just enough time to order by next weekend. ALSO! I added a little shopping widget to the right hand side of the page (if you're viewing on a computer) or all the way at the bottom (if you're viewing on a mobile device) that is a quick, easy way to shop the items I've posted before, and a few others items I've added!
2. Steve Madden - Carrson Sandal. SALE! The Steve Madden Carrson Sandal heels are looking to be a closet staple item that I've been wanting to get lately. They sell at Nordstrom for $89.95 but I found the same exact pair linked in title of item for $62.99.!! 6pm has been my "secret sale website" for years now. I used it a ton in college but it's really hit or miss, and since the website has so much inventory you really have to know what you're searching for. Also, a few years back the website had free shipping and free returns which was awesome. Now, it's only free shipping if you spend over $50, or buy two or more items (I think) but there is no longer free returns which REALLY sucks because I depend on this perk when buying something online. I don't use the site nearly as much anymore but it's still a good site to know, especially for brands that you know your size in.
3. Sole Society - Rowen Faux Leather Crossbody Bag. DUPE! The hardware on this bag makes for a cute little dupe for a designer Chloe handbag but for a fraction of the cost ($50 vs $2,000). The soft suede and blush combo is a Spring necessity and a perfect accessory to your Easter outfit.
4. ASOS - Chunky Jumper. I ordered this last week and I am in LOVE. I think this might be my favorite sweater I own. The color is so pretty and it doesn't feel like a bulky sweater. Perfect for Easter to be paired with white jeans and wedges - in fact, I believe that will be my exact Easter outfit (~ Spoiler Alert ~).
5. BaubleBar - 'Bubblestream' Collar Necklace. I saw these when I went into Nordstrom last week and then went online to find them. The picture does not do the necklace justice - each color is really pretty and would make a perfect statement necklace to compliment an Easter/Spring outfit.
6. ASOS - Warehouse Broderie T-shirt Dress. I don't ever get too dressed up for Easter, but if I did I would definitely be ordering this dress. I would probably have to spend the entire day with a poncho over it (the color white and I have a love/hate relationship) but this dress is so cute and just under $50! Would pair well with the collar necklace in #5. Throw THIS CARDIGAN over for a complete look!
7. ASOS - Double Ruffle Shift Dress. This dress literally has everything good going on with it and I want it so bad. Delicate blue and white seersucker, double ruffle, and one shoulder - I'm in love. This would be so cute for summer too.
8. Essie - Lady Like. Described as an 'elegant, soft mauve' - I've really been gravitating towards these tones for nail colors lately. This is a perfectly neutral pastel that will look pretty with everything. I personally hate obnoxiously pastel colors for nails so I think this shade is perfect.
9. BaubleBar - Quinn Bracelet Set. I've had my eye on this bracelet set from BaubleBar for a few months now, I think this would be such a cute addition to any outfit. I love a good arm stack and this is an exceptionally cute and bold set with the black and white stripes/dots mixed with gold and bright colors. It sounds all over the place yet goes together so well.
10. Marc Fisher - Aaron Platform Wedge Espadrille. I know I posted a similar Marc Fisher pair of wedge espadrille's a few weeks ago but this is a slightly different style and currently 25% off! I know this is still a little pricy but from the reviews I keep seeing/hearing from people, I think these would be well worth it. In case you missed it a few weeks ago, the Steve Madden dupes (!) are still available, though! A cute no-heel bootie alternative linked here.
11. Gibson - Ruffled Handkerchief Top. Such a cute and fun top that's been sitting in my Nordstrom cart for a few weeks. This color would look so cute with white jeans but I also love the one in black as well that could go with light or dark denim! I really like how these sleeves have the ruffle detail but they aren't long. I have a long sleeve top with fun sleeves but they get in the way of EVERYTHING.
12. SojoS - Cat Eye Mirrored Sunglasses. Another pair of sunglasses that I had to share because these are only $12.99 on Amazon!!! I have the pink ones which are a cute feminine touch to any outfit but I like the blue ones or the black on black as well.
2. Haystack Rock/Peter Iredale Shipwreck. Both located on the coast of Oregon (Haytack rock is on Cannon Beach off of Ecola State Park and Peter Iredale Shipwreck on the beach of Fort Stevens State Park) and are beautiful sites to see. Being from the Midwest, the ocean fascinates me. These two landmarks are definitely something to check out. Fun Facts: The shipwreck is from 1906!! Also, Haystack rock is a 235 foot sea stack. When the tide is low enough you can actually walk up to it! Additionally, we stopped to grab a bite to eat after Haystack Rock. I loooove seafood so I figured the best place to get seafood was right on the coast. Ecola Seafoods (the name is a little off putting) had the most amazing clam chowder I have ever had. Afterwards, I grabbed a strawberry, nutella, whipped cream crepe at Crepe Neptune that was AMAZING.
3. Pumpkin Ridge Zip Line Tour. Let me just preface this by saying I am probably the biggest baby you will ever meet. I don't like roller coasters, not really into heights, and the thought of sky diving or some other thrill seeking activity literally makes me want to throw up. When my dad suggested this activity, I agreed to it quickly before I even had a chance to think about what I'm committing to. If he pays for it, I can't really back out can I?? Anyways, overall this experience was actually very cool! The whole tour took about 2 hours to complete and the instructors were great and accommodating to every experience level. They were teaching some daredevil-ish tricks to more experienced and ballsy thrill seekers (aka my 15 year old cousin) and they were also kind and encouraging to those who were trembling before unwillingly jumping off the platforms (aka ME). The tour started off on lower platforms (around 15 feet) and worked its way up to really high up platforms (over 120 feet) overlooking a beautiful forest below. My cousin complained this tour was actually not that fast or exciting (lol) but no complaints on my end ;)
4. Timberline Lodge - Mt. Hood. After a day exploring the coast, we took a drive up to the mountains. Can we just take a second to admire how adventurous and nature-y I was this trip???
We didn't take too many pictures here as I spent most of my time in the gift shop (are you surprised?) but I did need a picture outside in front of The Shining's Overlook Hotel.
Multnomah Falls - West Columbia River Gorge. Driving up to the mountains I was fascinated by all the cute little waterfalls we were passing. I was taking pictures of any that I would see not knowing what was in store for me later. Driving down from Mt. Hood we approached Multnomah Falls and I think my jaw dropped. At 620 feet, Multnomah falls is without a doubt the 'grandaddy' of them all. Attracting approximately 2.5 MILLION visitors per year, this waterfall is Oregon's #1 visited natural attraction. Starting at the bottom, you can take a short hike up a bridge (constructed in 1914 - YIKES) that gives you an even better view of the waterfalls. Caution: would advise bringing an umbrella because you will get wet.
Crossed Portland off my list and I'm ready for the next adventure.
Thanks for reading!
1. Asos - Waterfall Duster Jacket. I will admit I am a little sad. Over the weekend I found the cutest Duster Jacket from BP for like $25 and I went back today to link it today and it's all sold out :( I found this equally cute jacket from Asos that's a little more expensive. Such a cute lightweight and neutral jacket to ease into Spring with.
2. Etsy - Silver Spike Bracelet. I love Etsy and supporting small independent businesses - I've found some of the cutest jewelry here. This bracelet is UNDER $11 !!!! Compare this to the Stella & Dot version that sells for $59. I was so excited about this find. I ordered this in both silver and gold (because with this price it would be a crime not to) but the gold is no longer available :( I was a little nervous that this would be bad quality and made of some cheap stretchy elastic band but it is so well made and I wear mine all the time!
3. Matto Makeup Brushes Professional 10-Piece Golden Makeup Brush Set with Brush Holder. I found this gem on a Buzzfeed article (one of those 'Try To Get Through This Post Without Spending Any Money' articles... they get me every time). Not only was the price VERY reasonable for a set of brushes but I read a handful of reviews and all were very good. I'll admit I probably wont have much use for the smaller brushes (AKA I don't even know what most of them are for) but I've been using the bigger brushes and they are so soft and such good quality.
4. BP - Eyelet Ruffle Off The Shoulder Top. Can I just say that I hope this off the shoulder trend lasts forever? Not only are they so cute and fun but I personally think they are so comfortable too. This BP top is so similar to this cupcakes and cashmere but for half the price ;) The embroidery detail is so pretty!
5. Topshop 'Hayden' Super Ripped Boyfriend Jeans. I'm thinking these will be a staple item for Spring. Boyfriend jeans are so great because they can be dressed up with some wedges (the ones I posted last week would be perfect) or dressed down with some cute Tory Burch flip flops or some espadrilles. The slouchy loose fit looks like these would be so comfortable as well.
6. Circus by Sam Edelman Espadrilles - These are 45% off, people!!! Would recommend ordering half a size down. Fun little story: when I ordered these they only had a size 7.5 (I'm usually 8 or 8.5) but they were so cute AND on sale so I was determined to make this work (lol). They were a liiiiittle tight at first but I think the Espadrille style allowed them to stretch out a bit. I'll definitely be wearing these throughout Spring and Summer.
7. BP - Faux Leather Reversible Tote. I have a similar tote and I love it! I was on the hunt for a cute and practical tote for miscellaneous purposes such as a 'sleepover' bag, workout bag, etc. Something with plenty of room to throw all my stuff in. I had practical one... but it wasn't so cute... so I was pleased with this purchase. I love how it has a smaller pouch attached too for miscellaneous items like chapstick, hair ties, bobby pins etc.
8. ASOS - Round Sunglasses w/ Flash Lens. I said in my last weeks post that you can never have enough sunnies, especially with the weather getting nicer. These are under $20! I love everything about these - the rounded shape, tortoise shell, and blue lenses.
9. DLS - Baked Highlighter in shade 'Bellisima'. So I've had a subscription to Ipsy for almost a year now. If you're not familiar with Ipsy it's similar to Burch Box or any other kind of monthly subscription. Ipsy is for makeup, hair, skin products, etc. I've come across some products I've loved and some that I hate but this is my favorite product I've received and I had to share. This baked highlighter is highly pigmented and long lasting and is described as a 'rose gold shimmer with an icy finish'. This is my absolute favorite highlighter I own. I prefer this highlighter over more expensive highlighters that I own from Urban Decay, NARS, etc. It's only $14 AND I have a 20% coupon code from IPSY: 'IPSY20'.
Thanks for stopping by!
What you'll need:
Silicone muffin liners (optional - or you can grease the pan)
10 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
5 slices of turkey
1/4 of a green pepper
Handful of cherry tomatoes (diced)
Handful of spinach (chopped up)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add green pepper, cherry tomatoes, spinach, salt and garlic pepper.
- Stir in turkey and sausage
- Spoon evenly into muffin tray
- Bake for 20-25 minutes